USMMA AAF Chapter Handbook (Guidelines)- Click here: AAF Chapter Handbook 2017.pdf
USMMA AAF Chapter Goals:
1. Conduct a minimum of four chapter meetings
2. Attend a minimum of four AAF conference calls with Chapter Presidents
3. Publish an electronic newsletter a minimum of two times
4. Attend the Chapter Presidents Conference
5. Establish and maintain a chapter website or social media page
6. Provide at least one article on chapter events for the Kings Pointer magazine issue
7. Submit at least one Homecoming award nomination to the AAF Awards Committee
8. Submit a chapter and officer information notice to the AAF office
USMMA AAF Supplemental Chapter Goals:
1. Meet with a local Congressman/Senator
2. Add three new alumni to the chapter membership during previous year
3. Offer an internship to a Midshipman
4. Make a contribution to the AAF to support an alumni-sponsored activity.event for the Midshipmen
5. Host a Regimental/athletic team movement or activity within the chapter area or at the Academy
6. Represent the USMMA at an admissions activity
7. Host a Plebe Candidate event that brings together Candidates, their parents, Midshipmen, current parents, and alumni prior to reporting for Indoctrination
8. Participate in at least one Veterans Day, Memorial Day, or Maritime Day civic or community activity
9. Co-host at least one activity or event with a local parents association chapter
10. Make an unrestricted contribution directly to the AAF
11. Host a maritime industry awareness event that promotes partnering with regional, national, and global maritime leaders/experts
12. Co-host an event with a maritime academy
The Houston Alumni Chapter provides the following support annually:
1. Sponsor USMMA Midshipman attendance at the annual Break Bulk Conference in October 2017. One or two deserving Midshipmen will earn transportation and registration to attend the Break bulk Conference in Houston.
2. Pays for all Midshipmen attendance at the Christmas Joint Service Military Academy Ball (Approximately $60 per Midshipman). This year they will work with the Parents Chapter and/or the JSMAB to cut them a check BEFORE the Ball to preclude parents paying in advance.
3. Sponsor (2) USMMA Midshipmen attendance and registration at the annual Offshore Technology Conference in May of 2018.
4. Sponsor and Co-Host annual Plebe Send Off Luncheon with South Texas Parent's Assn to welcome new incoming class of Midshipmen and send them off well prepared for Indoctrination.
5. Sponsor Midshipmen for internships at local maritime companies, provide midshipman berthing and represent USMMA at regional college fair nights and military academy info nights.